Creating a Payroll Schedule will help the Users to know the date and Pay Period when the Users are creating the Timecard Entries into the Timecard Batch.
To access the Payroll Schedule you will need to go to top menu of Spire, Payroll, and select Payroll Schedule
Adding a Payroll Schedule by clicking on the add button
The Year is greyed out because it is defaulted to the current payroll year set in Company Settings, Payroll, Current Payroll Year.
- 52 or 53 times per year (weekly) set by a particular weekday for example Friday.
- 26 or 27 times per year (biweekly) set by a particular weekday and date for example weekday is Friday and date January 12, 2023
- 24 times per year (semi-monthly) this is preset to on the 15th and last day of the month.
- 12 times per year (monthly) this is preset to the last day of each month.
- 13 times per year (13 pay periods a year) set by a particular weekday for example Friday
- 4 times per year (quarterly) preset to last day of the month of ending in each quarter of the calendar year
- 1 time per year (annually) preset to last day of the calendar year which is December 31
Once the Pay Frequency is chosen then you can click Generate which will list the Periods, Pay Dates and Descriptions.
Multiple Payroll Schedules can be created in each year since hourly employees are often paid on a different Pay Frequency than salaried employees.
When the User is creating the Timecard Batch and entering the employee's Timecard Entries, the Pay Period shown on the Timecard Batch should match the Period shown on the Payroll Schedule. For the above example, if the User is doing a Timecard Batch for the Pay Date of January 27, 2023 then the Timecard Entries will show the Pay Periods 2023-02-0.