If the Vendor did not receive your cheque and you need to void/cancel the payment in Spire, please follow the below steps.
You probably want to have your bank issue a Stop Payment on the cheque as well.
1. Verify that the user has the right permission to void Accounts Payable transactions.
To do this, go to Edit -> User Settings -> Accounts Payable -> Void Transaction
2. Next, go to Vendors -> select the required vendor from the list -> Click the Accounts Payable tab
3. Find the Transaction Invoice and the corresponding Payment that you want to void (cancel)
4. Check the box next to the payment portion of the transaction and click Void to cancel the payment (cheque)
5. To reissue the new cheque, select the Invoice by checking the box to the left of the Transaction No and then click the Payment button