When using Spire earlier than version 2.5, it's possible to run into a problem where the received Purchase Order indicates it will not post to the Cost of Goods account (when previewing the GL Transaction), but then you get an error that mentions the Cost of Goods account after posting the transaction.
- Upgrade to Spire 2.5+. There have been changes to alleviate this problem.
- Post the Receipt only, not the Vendor invoice. Then, post the invoice afterwards.
- After clicking the PO's "Receive" button, answer "No" to creating a vendor invoice.
- Answer "Yes" to the "Post GL transaction automatically?" question.
- Open the received PO and click "Invoice".
- Post the invoice as usual.