In order to customize Crystal Reports used with Spire, it's recommended to upgrade Crystal Reports 2016 to at least Service Pack 3 plus all three Service Pack 3 patches. Although, the easier alternative is to simply upgrade Crystal Reports to at least Service Pack 4 (which is outlined below).
- Browse to https://www.sap.com/canada/community/topic/crystal-reports.html (if the page is no longer available, search Google for "Crystal Reports service pack").
- Click the relevant link (i.e. "Get service packs").
- Set the filters for "Crystal Reports" and "SAP Crystal Reports 2016" and then click Search.
- Traverse the pages of available downloads until you find "SAP Crystal Reports 2016 SP04 Update".
- Click the SP04 link to download the file (save it to your hard disk).
- After the download is complete, find the file where you saved it to and right-click it, then select "run as administrator".
- Follow any on-screen installation instructions.