You can use any version of Crystal Report 10 or higher with the latest Service Packs to customize Crystal Reports used with Spire. It is recommended to upgrade Crystal Reports 2016 to at least Service Pack 5.
To upgrade Crystal Reports to the most recent Service Pack.
- Browse to https://www.sap.com/canada/community/topic/crystal-reports.html (if the page is no longer available, search Google for "Crystal Reports service pack").
- Click the relevant link (i.e. "Get service packs").
- Set the filters for "Crystal Reports" and "SAP Crystal Reports 2016" and then click Search.
- Traverse the pages of available downloads until you find the latest"SAP Crystal Reports 2016 SPxx Update".
- Click the link to download the file (save it to your hard disk).
- After the download is complete, find the file where you saved it to and right-click it, then select "run as administrator".
- Follow any on-screen installation instructions.